Friday, July 31, 2009

Lace Scarf


This is the Lacy Scarf I knitted to match dd's hat. I did an okay job, but looking back over it I'm bummed that I missed a few errors. (don't look too closely!) I found this pattern online, but can't remember where...so sorry!


Yarn - anything you have (this is some bunny hop by Crystal Palace Yarns) less than 200 yards.


Needles ~large (For the above scarf 8mm)


Size~ (This scarf 8" wide by 30" long for my petite daughter I would do 40 inches for an adult.)


Pattern~

Cast On 26 stitches.


Knit 6 rows garter stitch for bottom border.


Row 1 - K3, *(k2tog, yo)* repeat till last 3 stitches, K3


Row 2 - K3, purl to last 3 stitches, K3



Row 3 - K3, *(yo, k2tog)* repeat till last 3 stitches, K3


Row 4 - K3, purl to last 3 stitches, K3.


Repeat rows 1 - 4 until scarf is as long as you like or you run out of yarn. But leave yourself enough to finish another border.


Knit 6 rows garter stitch for top border.




Happy Knitting!


Blessings,
Lisa

2 comments:

akawest said...

That looks beautiful. No one will ever notice any mistakes. I am hopeless when it comes to either knitting, or crochet, so I am mighty impressed.

happeningswithLana said...

I love the pattern. GREAT job!