Monday, April 27, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook~April 27th Edition

For Today...


Outside my window...the tulips are finally blooming in shades of red, yellow and orange


I am thinking... how overwhelmed I am by the decisions that I have to make in the coming weeks and months.


I am thankful for... my husband and his dedication to our marriage


From the kitchen... Banana Bread for snacks, Country Fried Steak and Mashed Potatoes for dinner tonight.


I am wearing... my summer robe and a towel on my head.

I am reading... Simple Abundance, Twenty Wishes by Debbie Macomber, and the standards for the National Board Certification in Early Childhood.


I am hoping... that these last few weeks of school go quickly.


I am creating... our outdoor spaces for spring and summer living.


I am hearing... cars on the street, the stillness of the house.


One of my favorite things...red tulips.



A few plans for the rest of the week...work, laundry, cleaning and cooking. DS has hockey tryouts tonight. He'll have two teeth pulled on Wednesday. Since we''ll be home recovering, the repairman is completing the recall work on our fridge. I have class on Friday night. On Saturday we're attending my cousin's wedding.



A picture thought...



Read more day books at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Have a blessed week,

Lisa

3 comments:

Karen said...

I didn't get my daybook up this week, but love going around and browsing others'! Enjoyed reading yours. The cupcakes in the previous post are so cute. Wish I had seen this in time for Easter.

A happy heart at home said...

Your tulips sound beautiful! We have major decisions to make in the next few months, too. Yummy menu! My husband is looking forward to finishing his fifth year as a high school math teacher in June.

~Susan

Brenda Pruitt said...

I need to check this out. I too love red tulips! Mine have come and gone for this year here in Texas. So nice to meet you and read your thoughts.
Brenda