Sunday, May 3, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook, May 4, 2009






For Today...


Outside my window... the sky is gray and the rain showers are falling. I long for sunshine after five days of cloudy skies.


I am thinking... about what to get the moms for Mother's Day. I think we're buying them hanging baskets for their porches, but I'd like to add something to that. Any ideas?


I am thankful for... my healthy children.


From the kitchen... BBQ Ribs in the slow cooker for dinner tonight. I'm making Beefy Taco Dip for our Cinco de Mayo luncheon this evening after dinner.



I am wearing... my robe and a towel on my head. My morning uniform, it seems.


I am reading... Simple Abundance, The Bible and the Pink Princess Tea Parties cookbook.



I am hoping... for sunshine on Saturday for dd's Tinkerbell Birthday Party.



I am creating... gift sets for ds's teachers for Teacher Appreciation Day tomorrow. I'd like to create a Mary altar for May so the kids can learn more about her.



I am hearing...Every Man by Casting Crowns on my real player and the coffee pot dripping.


One of my favorite things...quiet mornings with time for prayer, devotions and reflection.


A few plans for the rest of the week...I hope to visit my brother's new house. I have shopping to do for dd's 4th birthday this weekend. Hopefully we'll get more feedback from our builder, so then we can make more decisions. I plan to drop about 5 bags at Goodwill while I'm out and about too.




A picture thought:





Our kids and me on Easter Sunday



Read more daybooks at http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Have a day full of blessings,

Lisa


No comments: