Friday, August 14, 2009

Show and Tell Friday, August 14, 2009



Welcome to Show and Tell Friday, hosted by the talented Kelli. You can view her lovely show and tell and other posts at http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/






This cabinet was handed down to us from our Aunt Kathryn. She cared for an elderly woman, who left this cabinet to her when she passed, along with a table that we were also given. The cabinet holds the china that was also handed down to me by our aunt. Just like the china, the cabinet and table belonged to a retired teacher. I don't know the name of the cabinet maker or the date it was manufactured. I'm thinking sometime between the 1930's and 1950's.


This is the detail at the top of the cabinet...you can see the age of the finish here and in the photo below.

This is the detail at the bottom of the cabinet.

Thanks for stopping by my show and tell today!

Blessings,

Lisa

5 comments:

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

Oooo, it's absolutely lovely! Such a wonderful piece to have and I'll bet it's very special too.
Thanks for sharing and I hope you enjoy your day!

LisaShaw said...

Beautiful!!! I so enjoyed visiting with you today and I loved the photos.

I pray all is well with you dear sister.

Blessings and peace.
Lisa

akawest said...

That is beautiful. It makes me happy when treasured furniture gets a chance to make different families happy.

happeningswithLana said...

Beautiful!!!

Carrie said...

What a wonderful cabinet...it makes a fine place to display treasured items and has a great design as well.