Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tasty Thursday: Tried and True Recipe



Greetings! I've been out of town for 4 days and am thrilled to be home with my kids and dh tonight. They are watching the Pens, so I thought I'd grab a moment to post my tried and true recipe. This is for Beefy Taco Dip. It is one recipe that I return to over and over again when in need of an appetizer or game day snack.

Beefy Taco Dip

1- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened

1 cup sour cream

3/4 cup mayonnaise

1 pound ground beef

1 envelope taco seasoning mix (use spicy for some extra kick)

1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce

2 cups shredded cheddar or taco cheese

4 cups shredded lettuce

2 medium tomatoes, diced

1 small onion, diced

1 medium green pepper, diced

Tortilla chips

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise until smooth. Spread on a 12-14 inch pizza pan or serving dish. Refrigerate for one hour. In a saucepan over medium heat, brown beef; drain. Add taco seasoning and tomato sauce; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and green peppers. Serve with chips.

Enjoy!

Head over to the Pumkin Patch for more tasty Thursday recipes!

Blessings,

Lisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh wow, it's 10 at night and now I'm hungry..hungry for that!