Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Yellow Cake with Peanut Butter Icing

I found this recipe at Christy Jordan's Southern Plate when a friend asked for a yellow cake with Peanut Butter Icing. I made a Betty Crocker yellow cake with butter in the batter and it was the best yellow cake I've ever made from a mix. I highly recommend it. Then I topped it with this icing:

1- 1/2 C sugar
7 T milk
2 T Shortening
2 T margarine
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C creamy Peanut Butter

Combine sugar, milk, shortening, margarine, and salt. Bring to a rolling boil in a heavy saucepan, stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Once it reaches a boil, let boil for one or two minutes without stirring. Remove from heat and add vanilla and peanut butter. Beat until smooth and quickly spread onto cake.

Christy has some great step by step instructions, photos and a wonderful story to go with this recipe on her blog, if you'd like to check them out.

Blessings,
Lisa

No comments: