Friday, July 13, 2012

Sharing A Meal


My aunt had triple by-pass surgery last Thursday. She is healing well and was home by Monday.  She is unable to do much of anything and my uncle, who had a stroke a few months ago, is not able to do much to help her out.  The kids and I took them dinner yesterday.  I made them Crescent Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Country Style Green Beans and Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies.  They were surprised to see us and that we brought them dinner too.  It was nice to visit with them both. 

I involved my kids in the process of preparing the food and the delivery to show them how important it is to reach out to those in need with kindness, thoughtfulness and generosity.  Hunter was touched by the gesture and told me I had a "good heart".  That was unexpected, but touched me deeply.  I can only hope that in leading by example, it leads them both on the right path in life.


~peace and blessings~
Lisa

No comments: