This star used to hang on the outside of our old house. As you can see it had rusted over time. It has been hanging out in the basement since we moved 2 years ago. DS wants to do a Western/Cowboy Theme in his bathroom and I thought this star would be a good addition to the room.
First, I sanded the rust off the star using some sandpaper dh had in the garage. I'm not sure of the grit or brand because I just pulled it from a box labeled "sandpaper". ;0) I did this outside, as not to create dust in the house. It's a bit messy.
Then I wiped it down with a damp paper towel and dried it with another towel. I let it set for about 30 minutes to make sure it was totally dry.
Then I sprayed it using this Rust-Oleum Universal Paint in Oil Rubbed Bronze. I did two coats, letting it dry about 20 minutes in between each coat.
Here's the completed star. I'm happy with how it turned out. I will post pics of the bathroom once it is completed.
Thanks for stopping by!
~peace and blessings~