Friday, June 5, 2009

Show and Tell Friday, June 5, 2009

I thought I would share some of the plants in my gardens and yard. I love our backyard during the spring and summer months because it becomes so private and intimate in the middle of our busy city neighborhood.

These are our hostas and my book fairy on the shaded side of the house. I love the contrast of the bright green and white against the dark brick of the house.





These are the flowers of the white bleeding heart plant in the bed by the garage. The rounded leaves are from the black eyed susans beside it.


There are actually two plants here. You can see the blooms on the chives, as well as the bright leaves of Lemon Balm in our herb garden.




Tarragon



I can't remember the name of this plant. Anyone? This is a cluster of three plants.



One of our first Stella D'Oro daylily plants to bloom.

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the plants in our garden. Be sure to visit

Kelli's House and view other wonderful show and tell posts!

Blessings,

Lisa

3 comments:

Cindy said...

Lovely garden. I really like the bleeding hearts.
Cindy

Mrs. Teapot said...

You have a lovely garden. I especially like your 'book' fairy.

-Mrs. Teapot

happeningswithLana said...

Love the pictures of your flowers/plants!