Saturday, June 13, 2009

Jewelry Party Desserts and More

On Friday evening, I hostessed a Lia Sophia jewelry show. It was a good time
and the hostess benefits are awesome! If you have an opportunity to hostess a party, do so. If you are local please contact me and I'll help you book a show with Debbie. I just wanted to share my goodies:
Death by Chocolate

1 devil's food cake, baked in a 13x9 pan, cooled and cubed

1 large chocolate instant pudding, prepared with 3 cups milk

1 tub of cool whip lite

2 Heath Bars, chopped

In a clear glass or trifle bowl, layer ingredients using 1/2 of the cake, then 1/2 of the pudding, 1/2 of the cool whip and half of the candy bar. Repeat one time for a regular size trifle bowl ending with the chopped candy bar on top. Chill for a few hours before serving. Enjoy!

Angel Lush

1 can (20 oz.) DOLE Crushed Pineapple in Juice, undrained
1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
1 pkg. (10 oz.) round angel food cake, cut into 3 layers
10 small fresh strawberries

Mix pineapple and dry pudding mix. Gently stir in cool whip.
Stack cake layers on plate, spreading pudding mixture between layers and on top of cake.
Refrigerate 1 hour. Top with berries.
I made my own angel food cake and left out the berries because a friend is allergic to strawberries.
Enjoy!



Nibbler Tray

A friend at Magical Holiday Home suggested this for my party. Thanks Kim!

I couldn't find skinny bread sticks, so I made regular breadsticks. The nibbles included mozzarella balls, marinated artichokes, balsamic marinated mushrooms, and wine marinated olives. The tray was well received. I like that it was different from the usual crackers and cheeseball.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,

Lisa

No comments: