Sunday, March 1, 2009

Gnocchi Recipe

This recipe was handed down to me from my mother. I remember her making this pasta on Sundays. Growing up we had Spaghetti every Sunday. Until my Pap passed on we ate dinner at my Nana's every Sunday. After he passed, my mom took on the cooking and had my Nana over for dinner at our house. Pap, Nana and Mom all made sauce the same way....slow simmered for hours. It's the best sauce I've ever tasted. I haven't mastered the sauce, but do a great job with the gnocchi.

Gnocchi
3 cups flour
1 pound Ricotta Cheese (light is okay)
2 Tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon salt

Mix all ingredients with a wooden spoon. Roll out dough. Cut into strips. Pinch and slice. Cook 6-8 minutes in boiling water. They float to the top when ready. Drain and serve with marinara.

Here's a photo of what they look like before cooking:


I forgot to take a picture of them when they were cooked. Oops!

Blessings,

Lisa

No comments: