Monday, October 4, 2010

Making Your Home a Haven~Week One


It is week 1 of the Making Your Home a Haven Fall Challenge.
This week's challenge is to buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home. I am placing my candle in the kitchen in the center of the island. Each time the candle catches my eye, I will say a prayer for peace in our home. I will light the candle each afternoon when we return home from school.


Courtney has a great post on her blog about how we are responsible for making our home a haven, not by what we have but by our own attitude. I try very hard to be the woman in home number 2 for my husband and children. Since we just moved in only five short days ago, it has been a struggle to feel like this house is a haven. I am working on it. I want it to feel comfy, neat, warm, safe and inviting. I've worked so hard that I'm feeling run down and am fighting a head cold. It is paying off though, dh mentioned last night that the house is finally starting to feel like home when he returned from ds's hockey practice. That is rewarding!


If you want to join in the challenge, visit Courtney's blog at http://www.womenlivingwell-courtney.blogspot.com/ and link up!



Blessings and peace,
Lisa

5 comments:

Theresa said...

Hi Lisa. I am visiting from Courtney's Challenge. I love your candle display.
I used to teach 2nd grade, what fun!
Happy Monday.
~Theresa
www.beingrefinedassilver.blogspot.com

happeningswithLana said...

Your candle is very nicely displayed. That was sweet of your hubby to say that. Waiting for more pictures.

Season of Life said...

Lisa ~

Just by your prayers and the lovely candle that fills your home with a sweet aroma, you are making this new home a haven. May He bless you and give you strength, diligence and encouragement as you create a haven for your family.

Blessings ~

Crystal said...

Hello. Your candle is so pretty. I am also participating in the challenge. It is really wonderful.

Melissa said...

What a lovely display! I pray that you and yours are greatly blessed during Courtney's fall challenge!

Many Blessings,
Melissa