Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chewy Butterscotch Brownies


Yesterday I found a bag of butterscotch morsels in my cupboard. Being in the mood to bake, I visited http://www.verybestbaking.com/ looking for inspiration. I decided to try the following recipe, minus the nuts and bake Butterscotch Brownies. I was a bit skeptical, but was pleasantly suprised by the tenderness of the brownie. I also used margarine for the batter. (I only had one stick of butter in the fridge.)

Chewy Butterscotch Brownies

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 3/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 2/3 cups (11-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Butterscotch Flavored Morsels, divided
1 cup chopped nuts
Directions:

PREHEAT oven to 350° F.

COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Beat in eggs. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in 1 cup morsels and nuts. Spread into ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining morsels.

BAKE for 30 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack.



Enjoy!

Blessings,

Lisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These look scrumptious. I will have to try them sometime soon!