Sunday, January 15, 2012

Low Fat Chocolate-Chip Cookies

I started Weight Watchers Online 8 days ago. I have lost 4 lbs. so far. I'm eating better and exercising more than before. I've been on the hunt for "made-over" recipes and have found some great sites. Two of my favorite are http://www.skinnytaste.com/ and http://www.laurensmenu.com/ .


This recipe is from skinnytaste. I only made two changes. I only had whole wheat flour, not whole wheat pastry flour, so I used that. I also used cinnamon applesauce because that is what was on hand as well. The cookies are good. I like that they are crispy outside and chewy inside.




Skinny Low-fat Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings:12
• Size: 2 cookies
• Old Points:4 pts
• Points+:5 pts

Calories:170.7
• Fat: 5.0 g
• Protein: 1.4 g
• Carb: 34.5 g
• Fiber:1.4 g
• Sugar:25.4 g

Sodium:113.1 mg


Ingredients:


1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 egg white
2 tbsp apple sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:


Preheatoven to 350°.
Linetwo cookie sheets with non-stick silicone baking liners such as
Silpats(I highly recommend for best results) or
lightlyspray cookie sheets with cooking spray.

In a large bowl,
combinethe flour, baking soda and salt and stir to blend. In another bowl,
whiskthe sugars, butter, egg white, applesauce and vanilla together until light and fluffy.

Whiskthe dry ingredients into the wet ingredients in two additions until the batter is very well blended. If the batter looks more “crumbly” than smooth,
addjust a drop of water at a time (ONLY if needed) until it smooths out.

Fold in chocolate chips.

Drop by level spoonfuls about 1 inch apart onto baking sheets.
Bake 8 - 10 minutes.
Remove from the oven, and let them
stand 5 minutes before removing the cookies from the pans to cool on wire racks.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.

Enjoy!


~peace and blessings~

Lisa


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They look yummy.