Thursday, July 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I am a huge fan of the blog Comfy in the Kitchen. Her recipes are easy and homestyle, which I love. Janelle has a wonderful food ministry and is a Christian wife and mother. This recipe is from her blog. I'm always on the search for the perfect recipe and this one is it! Not one cookie was left over and they were gone in about 3 days. That's amazing in this house!


The only changes I made to the recipe was that I used milk chocolate chips and that I made my cookies a bit smaller using a cookie scoop, so I got about 24 instead of 18. The bake time was the same. These cookies were soft, which I prefer my cookies to be. I failed to take a picture of these beautiful cookies, but if you visit Janelle's blog, you can view a photo there.



The Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe (18-24 cookies)


2 1/2 c all-purpose Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 c butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips


Preheat oven to 375
Combine flour, baking soda and salt..set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, sugars, vanilla, and pudding mix. Beat until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs. Add flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chips. Place in refrigerator for 1 hour. Place heaping Tbsps of batter onto un-greased cookie sheet and bake until golden appx 10-12 mins. Take out of oven and let sit 2 mins on cookie sheet before transferring to cooling rack.

Enjoy!


~peace and blessings~

Lisa

No comments: