It's Week #8 in our marriage challenge and this challenge is straight from the Bible:
No complaining, criticizing, rolling your eyes, nagging, or giving him any friction this week. Enjoy a week of peace in your home!
Ephesians 5:33 says "Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself and the wife must respect her husband."
Courtney shared this list of ways a husband will feel disrespected by his wife:
1. The wife rolling her eyes at him.
2. The wife criticizing him.
3. The wife complaining to her mother or girlfriends about his flaws.
4. The wife not respecting his knowledge, opinions or decisions.
5. The wife nagging him or assuming the worst in his actions.
6. The wife using sarcasm to communicate bitterness.
7. The wife disrespecting his work, protection, provision or leadership.
8. The wife disrespecting his need for physical intimacy or his "manhood" (wink wink).
I do respect my husband immensely. I make a great effort to show him respect in our home, in family situations and when I'm not with him, as well. One area I do need to work on is sarcasm. It's part of my personality and I must make an effort to watch my use of it with my husband. I tend to display my frustration with sarcasm, in many situations, not just with my husband. I need to work on that!
I will discuss this with dh tonight and share his comments.
Please check out the other views on Respect at Courtney's blog.
Blessings and peace,