This is our favorite pizza dough. It's great to work with. It makes 4-12 inch round pizzas or a large cookie sheet. I usually freeze the dough that we don't use, by wrapping it in plastic wrap and putting it into a freezer bag.
1 1/4 cups warm water (105-115 degrees F)
1 envelope active dry yeast
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
5 cups all purpose or bread flour, as needed
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons salt Olive Oil
1. In a small bowl, mix the water, yeast and sugar and let stand about 10 minutes, or until foamy.
2. In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture and egss. Mix in 5 cups of flour and the salt and stir or beat with an electric mixer until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Turn the dought out onto a lightly floured surface and need for 5-10 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
3. Put the dough into a large oiled bowl, turning once to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm, draft free place for about 1 hour, or until doubled in volume.
4. Punch down the dough and divide into 4 equal pieces. Shape the pieces into balls. Lightly cover the dough with a kitchen towel and let rise about 30 minutes, so it will be easier to handle.
5. For each pizza, brush a 12 inch round pizza pan or a large baking sheet with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. With floured hands, pat into a 6 inch round. Stretch or roll out the dough with a rolling pin into an 11 inch circle. Lift onto the prepare pan and press the dough to the edges of the pizza pan. Add toppings and bake on the lowest oven rack.