Monday, December 1, 2008

Menu Plan Monday, December 1, 2008


I can't believe that December is already here! Only 24 more days until Christmas. I love this time of year. I love the music, the hustle and bustle and the busy-ness of it all! This week's menu will be sparse due to travel. I have training out of town for 2 days. Over the weekend, dd and I will be going to see The Nutcracker with friends. A former student of mine has the lead as Clara. She's only 11 yo and is quite the ballerina and a fine young lady, too. On Saturday, we'll be decorating the house and putting up the tree.

Yesterday I made homemade meatballs for dinner. They are getting closer to tasting like my mom's each time I try to make them. As an Italian girl, it's hard to admit I'm not the best maker of meatballs. ;0) Today I'm going to bake some Apricot Bars from the December issue of Paula Deen's magazine. The kitchen is finally ready for some baking!

Here it is:

Sunday~ Spaghetti with Meatballs, Garlic Bread Sticks, Salad

Monday~Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Country Gravy,
Green Bean Casserole (I use sour cream instead of milk when I prepare it.)

Tuesday~ DH and the kids are picking up dinner after hockey practice. I'll be on the road.

Wednesday~ Pizza and Salads for dh and kids

Thursday~Chicken Breast Sandwiches, Velveeta Macaroni and Cheese, Carrots and Dip

Friday~ Zippy Calzones from Simple and Delicious, Salad

Saturday~Scalloped Potatoes and Pork Chops, Fruit

Looking for menu inspiration? Visit http://orgjunkie.com/ for more ideas!

Have a week full of blessings!
Lisa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I so enjoy making homemade meatballs. One of my friends' mom taught me that if you mix ground beef and pork you'll have a moist meatball.