Monday, September 22, 2008

Menu Plan Monday, September 22, 2008


Good Afternoon! I'm excited about the Family Favorites Edition. Several of our favorites will be on this week's menu. Be sure to check out the link for the Saucy Baked Pork Chops. It's a new favorite of ours. I'm looking forward to checking out everyone's favorites!
Things are finally coming together at school. Each day gets a bit less overwhelming. Prayer has helped a lot. I'm currently reading Lisa Whelchel's book The Busy Mom's Guide to Prayer and it has really focused my daily prayer time along with the Rosary. It's not a Catholic publication, but is very inspiring and targets the areas of a woman's life. I especially enjoy the prayers for my spouse and children.
My dieting and lower sodium diet is helping my high blood pressure. I had my six month follow-up today. My bp is in the low normal range. Hooray!
Here's our menu for this week:
Sunday~ Arts Festival Food
Monday~Saucy Baked Pork Chops, Rice Pilaf and Green Beans
Tuesday~ DH's Favorite~Buffalo Chicken Legs, Baked Potato Skins, Corn
Wednesday~Country Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes and Country Gravy, Salad
Thursday~Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup, Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Friday~ Super Sloppy Joes, Macaroni and Cheese, Baked Beans
Saturday~Pizza and Subs from dd's fundraiser
Have a week full of blessings,
Lisa

3 comments:

The Happy Housewife said...

Yum! Super sloppy joes sounds good! I love Rachel Ray!
Toni
http://thehappyhousewife.com

threesidesofcrazy said...

I've been looking for a good sloppy joe recipe. Thanks!

Angela said...

Yum! These look great! I did not even get my menu up this week as I have just been overwhelmed lately, and blogging has taken a back seat :-( But I should be back on track soon. I made a new fish recipe this evening that I really liked and will share that soon.

Have a great week!