Monday, April 22, 2013

First Communion Veil

 
I had a hard time finding First Communion clothing in our area.  I did travel out of town and found a dress for Miss M's big day.  It's much simpler than I would have chosen, but it's the girl's big day and she gets to pick.  I ended up buying materials to create a veil .  I picked up the plain veil at Michael's.  I bought the white satin headband and flowers for embellishment at JoAnn's.   
 
 
I removed the comb from the veil and sewed the short part of the tulle to the satin that was in place to hold the hair comb.  We tried the headband with the short piece showing and it just wasn't right.  Then I hot glued the veil to the headband.  Once that was in place, I hot glued the flowers to the headband, putting the larger one first, then nestling the smaller ones in the center of each. 
 
 
 
Here's the view from the front.  I think it came out okay.  My girl is all about simplicity for this day.  If M is happy, Mama is happy!
 
~peace~
Lisa

2 comments:

Luludou said...

You did a wonderful job! I know she'll be beautiful with it.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.