Saturday, March 23, 2013

First Holy Communion Banner

 Madison will be making her First Holy Communion in May.  The children are required to each  make a banner that will be sewn together with the other communicants' banners to create an altar cloth for the altar at church.  Madison is a very "blingy" girl, so I was quite surprised when she chose to make her banner very simplistic.  I have been putting this project off for weeks....so today when I went to JoAnn's for materials, I found out that they were closing the store and everything was on clearance.  Fabric was being sold by the bolt, so needless to say I didn't fair very well there.  The good news is that they are opening a brand new store next door next month.  I managed to get what I needed at Michael's and Walmart. 
 
 
I used iron on letters and the cross is also an applique.  I made the host and chalice from cotton fabric.  I used Heat n' Bond Ultra Hold fusible webbing to attach the cut-outs to the banner fabric. 
 
~peace and blessings~
Lisa

No comments: