Sunday, November 4, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

 
 
 
I made a lower-fat version of Pumpkin Pancakes today. (Obviously, I am not a food photographer!)  They were quite tasty.  I don't know how many of you know, but it has always been my dream to own/run a Bed and Breakfast or Inn.  I'm always on the look out for new breakfast recipes and ideas. We thought that this would be the perfect fall breakfast offering.   I served the pancakes with Maple syrup and light butter.  If my family enjoyed pecans, I would have added that to the top.  We also had some Breakfast Sausage on the side.  Here's my recipe:
 
Pumpkin Pancakes
 
2 1/3 cups Bisquick Heart Smart Baking Mix
1/3 cup canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie mix)
1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup egg beaters, original or 2 eggs
 
Heat the griddle or skiller over medium heat or to 375 degrees Farenheit.  Grease griddle with Pam spray, if necessary.  In a bowl, combine all ingredients until well-blended.  For each pancake, pour slightly less than 1/4 cup of batter onto the hot griddle.  Cook until edges are dry. Turn; cook other sides until golden brown. Serve with syrup.
 
Enjoy!
 
~peace and blessings~
Lisa
 
 
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yummy Lisa,,, I am going to make these this weekend ! Thanks for the recipe