Monday, September 3, 2012

"Homemade"Donuts

 Yesterday after Mass, I made some "homemade" donuts.  First you open a can of jumbo refrigerator bicuits and seperate them.  Using a circle cutter, cut out the center of each biscuit to form your donut.  I used fall themed cookie cutters because my smallest circle cutter somehow disappeared in the drawer.  While cutting out the centers, heat about 1/2 inch of oil, I used vegetable, in a skillet or chicken fryer.
 






 

 
Fry each side of the biscuits until golden brown.  (Can you see the leaf and acorn shapes!?)
 
 
Then drain donuts on paper towels until cool enough to handle.  Once they are cool enough to handle, dip one side of the donut into melted butter, letting the excess go back into the bowl.  (I used 4 tbsp. melted for the eight donuts and holes.)  Then dip into a bowl that has a combo of cinnamon and sugar.  I didn't measure that, but you can do it to your liking.  We like a lot of cinnamon.  Then repeat on the other side of the donut. 

 
These are the holes that I fried up...they were my favorite part! 
 
Enjoy!
 
~peace and blessings~
Lisa


1 comment:

Luludou said...

Oooh! easy donuts... great idea!