Friday, December 31, 2010

My Word for 2011: PEACE


My word for 2011 will be PEACE. I am working toward peace in my heart, peace in my household, peace in my classroom and workplace, and peace in our extended family. The past year has been filled with stress, chaos, anxiety and drama. I'm looking forward to 2011 being a better year. I'm also reflecting on these questions as part of a challenge I've taken part of during the month of December:


1. Evaluate Your Walk with God in 2010 - Were you daily in God's word and in prayer? How can you improve your walk with God in 2011?


I do pray daily, but want to read the Bible more and encourage my family to do the same. I tend to start lent and advent activities with the kids and then life gets in the way. I need to improve in that area.


2. Your Marriage - What is one word you'd use to describe your marriage in 2010? Easy, frustrating, growing, romantic, hard, strong, amazing. What is one thing you know your husband wishes you'd change in your life?


Our marriage grew stronger despite all of the craziness we went through building the house. My goal is to increase our romantic life with a date night at least once a month, once a week would be fantastic and have more time together at home alone.


3. Your Children - What was a high point and a low point for each of your children in 2010? What is one thing that each of your children need from you in 2011?


The kids really are my life. I am teaching ds some more chores to help him become independent and able to function on his own when he goes to college in 6 short years. DD is always in need of attention and lots of it, so we'll continue to give her that.



4. Health - What healthy habits did I maintain in 2010? What unhealthy habits did I create in 2010 that I need to change going into 2011?
I need to lose at least 20 lbs. I am a stress eater and with our busy lifestyle sometimes our habits are not the best. It's a struggle to live in a house of skinny people, who can eat whatever they want and not gain a pound. I need to make an effort to pack my lunch instead of eating in the school cafeteria. I need to start exercising again. My heart health isn't the best and doing those things will help with that. On the positive side, I've cut a lot of fat/frying/sodium from our diet.




5. Ministry - What ways did I use my talents for God in 2010? Pray about what God would have you do in 2011.
I did some baking for the church this year. With life in a blender, it was hard to get myself involved. I do think my work is one way that I serve God. It's tough going into that environment everyday and dealing with issues that 6yos shouldn't have to deal with. I hope to do some knitting for babies in the NICU this year and maybe get it started through the church.
So, that's where I'm at....thanks for reading my essay. ;0)




Peace and blessings,
Lisa

No comments: