I made this cake yesterday with some very ripe bananas. It is very moist and tasty. I sprinkled the top with powdered sugar because we aren't big frosting fans. The kids enjoyed it, too!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2-3/4 cup sugar (or more for a sweeter cake)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup low-fat sour cream
2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Set oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grease a 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
3. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon
4. In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, banana, oil, egg and vanilla. Pour
5. Spread the batter into prepared baking pan.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the top of the cake is light brown, and
7. Cool cake in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of cake with a dinner