Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Monday, July 23, 2007
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
I who am a mother, have you for my mother.Thank you!
I really need you, Mary, as my Queen, my mother, my friend.
For the energy and spirit to arise each morning with a joyful heart - My Mother Mary help me.
In the difficulties and setbacks of each day - Mary help me.
When I feel tired or depressed - Mary help me.
When the outlook is bleak and there is no one to console or encourage me - Mary help me.
When I feel impatient with my family - Mary help me.
When others are impatient or rude to me, by your gentleness - Mary help me.
When others speak angrily or loudly to me, and I feel like snapping back, that I would answer calmly and gently - Mary help me.
When my plans don't work out, my efforts seem in vain, and I feel discouraged - Mary help me.
When I try my best and others don't understand - Mary help me.
When worry and anxiety clutch at my heart and it is difficult to be at peace - dear Mother Mary help me!
When there is no one around to support me in trouble - Mary help me.
Dear God, grant that through Mary's intercession, all things in my life and my family will work out for the good. May I grow day by day to be more like her, My Mothers, my Queen.In the name of your Son Jesus I pray.
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Here's what is planned for this week:
Sunday~ Spaghetti, Meatballs, Garlic Toast, Tossed Salad
Monday~ Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Paninis, Garlic and Olive Oil Penne, and fresh veggies
Tuesday~ Stuffed Peppers and Mashed Potatoes
Wednesday~ Grilled Pork Chops, Rice Pilaf, and Green Beans
Thursday~ Tacos, Seasoned Fries, and Salad
Friday~ Pizza and Wings
Saturday~ Ethnic Festival Food~Our parish festival is this weekend. I'll be baking for our bake sale, and dh will be volunteering, so we'll eat there.
Have a great week!
Don't forget to click on the banner to go to Laura's site....I'm an Organizing Junkie.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
This is my first Thankful Thursday Thirteen~
1. I'm thankful for my husband and his love and support.
2. I'm thankful that I've been blessed with 2 wonderful, healthy, bright children.
3. I'm thankful for my friends, who are loyal and generous with their hearts and time.
4. I'm thankful for the service men and women who work to keep me free!
5. I'm thankful for books....and the escape they provide.
6. I'm thankful for God's unconditional love.
7. I'm thankful for our lovely home.
8. I'm thankful for the cooler weather and low humidity.
9. I'm thankful for my health.
10. I'm thankful for my parents and brother....
11. I'm thankful for my abilities as a mom, wife and teacher.
12. I'm thankful for the joy I feel when my children laugh and are happy.
13. I'm thankful for naptime, so I can blog, surf and do chores. :0)
Monday, July 9, 2007
We celebrated our 12th Wedding Anniversay on Sunday, July 8th. On Saturday we went to dinner and the movies. Our kids spent the night with their grandparents on their farm. I think I missed them more than they missed me! Yesterday afternoon after we picked up the kids, we went to my parent's house for dinner. I made a great peach cobbler for dessert.
In honor of our 12 years together, here are the 12 things I love about my husband, John:
1. He puts God and family first.
2. His blue eyes.
3. His laugh...
4. That he gets me and loves me anyway.
5. He's the calm to my crazy.
6. He's a great Daddy to our kids.
7. He is determined.
9. He has morals.
10. He is an active dad....changes diapers, bathes babies, plays ball,
11. He makes me feel special.
12. He is kind and generous.
This is going to be a very hot week, so I'm trying to keep dinner on the grill or in the crockpot most days.